These Terms and Conditions of Use describe conditions under which CAMBRIDGE CERT allows the public to use the CAMBRIDGE CERT Registry and Websites. Among the items included, there are:
- A license from CAMBRIDGE CERT to you regarding use of the CAMBRIDGE CERT software and the Registry, including to create an account;
- A license from you to CAMBRIDGE CERT and the public to use data you deposit in the Registry;
- A list of impermissible activities and conditions under which CAMBRIDGE CERT may terminate your access to the Registry;
2.0 Limitations on Use
We aim to create an accurate and secure Registry. In addition, to help us ensure that CAMBRIDGE CERT is a useful and respected community resource, the following are explicitly prohibited in connection with the Registry:
- You may not obtain a CAMBRIDGE CERT account and create an CAMBRIDGE CERT Record for anyone other than yourself.
- You may not deposit types of data other than those permitted by a specified field and may not include any full works in such field.
- You may not obtain a CAMBRIDGE CERT account and create an CAMBRIDGE CERT Record about yourself if you are under 18 years of age.
- You may not use the Websites or Registry for any unlawful, illegal or injurious purpose or to publish, post, distribute, receive, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, confidential, obscene, or other unlawful material or to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, or other otherwise violate the legal rights of any third party.
- You may not deposit, edit, modify or otherwise use any Record Data in a manner that makes it false, incomplete or misleading.
- You may not use the use email or physical addresses obtained from the Registry to send any marketing or other commercial communication to someone, unless you give the person the right to opt-out of such communications.
- You may not use any Record Data to send junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other similar communications.
- You may not manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Record Data; knowingly upload or post any Record Data that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; or otherwise intentionally interfere with or disrupt CAMBRIDGE CERT servers or networks.
- You may not use the Websites or Registry in any way that damages, disables, overburdens or impairs the operation of the Websites or Registry. Such prohibited actions include, but are not limited to: violating or attempting to violate security measures; accessing data that is not intended for your use; logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network; attempting to interfere with the service of any users, host or network; forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of a header information in any email or posting, or taking any action in order to obtain services to which you are not entitled.
3.0 Email Address
If you are a registered user, you are required to keep your email address up to date.
4.0 Removal of Data and Limitation of Access
CAMBRIDGE CERT reserves the right to remove from the CAMBRIDGE CERT Registry and its servers any Record Data or disable access to parts of the CAMBRIDGE CERT Registry. We also reserve the right to discontinue access for any user (including a Record Holder or Trusted Individual) who violates these Terms and Conditions of Use or otherwise disrupts the operation of or poses a security threat to the Registry in CAMBRIDGE CERT’s sole discretion.
CAMBRIDGE CERT takes a variety of measures to protect the security of the Registry. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not be able to hack our system or otherwise defeat our security measures. Your access to some of our services and content may be password protected. To maintain the security of your information, please keep your username(s) and password(s) strictly confidential and do not disclose them to anyone. You will be solely responsible for any action, activities, and access to our Websites and Registry that were taken through your username and password, and that occurred before you notified us of their loss.
7.0 Warranties/Disclaimer/Limitation of Libility
CAMBRIDGE CERT uses commercially reasonable efforts to protect the security of Limited Access data and Private data, and we try protect our users and the integrity of the Registry by posting rules for use of the Registry and Record Data.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CAMBRIDGE CERT, and its agents and representatives, and its and their directors, officers and employees from and against any liability, damage, loss, cost or expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to your use of the Registry and Websites, including data deposited by you, or violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
9.0 Business Use of the Registry
If you are using the Registry and/or Websites on behalf of a business, that business accepts these Terms and Conditions of Use. It will hold harmless and indemnify CAMBRIDGE CERT, and its agents and representatives, and its and their directors, officers and employees from and against any liability, damage, loss, cost or expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to its and your use of the Registry and Websites, including data deposited by you or it, or violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
10.0 Modifications to these Terms and Conditions of Use
We may modify these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time by posting a revised version on our Websites and/or Registry. Your continued use of the Registry and/or Websites after the posting of such new Terms and Conditions of Use means that you agree to the changes; therefore, if you do not agree to the changes, you should discontinue use of the Registry and Websites.